Dear Portion for Orphans Partners,
The Bible in Psalm 68:5 says that God is a “Father to the fatherless…” This weekend we saw Him moving in the hearts of MANY on behalf of the needs of orphans in China.
HOPE RUN & WALK 2010
- 301 Total Participants (a 54% increase over 196 in 2009)
- Over 40 AWESOME volunteers!!!
- $7,060 raised on race day ($2,860 in 2009)
- 100% will benefit orphans at New Hope Foundation, a medical orphanage in China treating children with surgically correctable deformities that hinder their survival and quality of life. www.hopefosterhome.com
- Results are available at www.hoperun.org
For a closer look at our recent visits to New Hope Foundation, watch a short video.
And, last but not by any means least. A friend of mine from high school now works as a local news broadcaster … here’s how she is using her voice to speak up for the needs of orphans...
Hope Run & Walk 2010 in Pictures
Liu Min Hao has recovered from his recent PFO-funded cleft lip surgery. He currently lives at New Hope Foundation in Beijing and is awaiting adoption.
The cost of this life changing procedure has recently declined to $350 per child due to a new clinic located closer to New Hope Foundation. Here are the pictures of Liu Min Hao…
- That Hope Run funds would greatly benefit the babies in China.
- For guidance into reconstructing or expanding an orphanage in Haiti.
- For more fundraising projects to come about.
On Behalf of Orphans,
Sally Allred Lockett <><
Founder/Director, Portion for Orphans